NBC News: World News Headlines
Top Sports Headlines
Storm Win Series, Sweep Omaha With 3-1 Victory
- The Tri City Storm wrapped up their best of three USHL series with the Omaha Lancers with a 3-1 victory. The Storm won the series 3 games to none. Tri-City will now play either Sioux Falls or Sioux City in the USHL West finals to move onto the Clark Cup championship.
Nebraska Defeats Ohio State, Improves to 29-11 and 6-4 in Big 10 play. Softball defeats Northwestern 10-2
- The Huskers held off the Ohio State Buckeyes 5-2 in Big 10 baseball action. Chase Sinclair pitched 5 and two-thirds innings for the victory and Josh Roeder picked up his 12th save of the season retiring the Buckeyes 1-2-3 in the ninth
Tri-City Storm wins in playoffs over Omaha.
- The Tri-City Storm took a 2-0 lead in the best of five over the Omaha Lancers with a 3-2 win. The Storm scored all three goals in the 3rd period. Game three will be Saturday night at 7:05 back at the Viaero Events Center where the Storm can wrap up the series and move to the USHL West finals.
Petteway to Declare for NBA Draft
- University of Nebraska junior guard Terran Petteway announced Thursday morning that he is forgoing his senior season to declare for the 2015 NBA Draft. Petteway, a fourth-year junior from Galveston, Texas, is on track to earn his degree in May and has spent the last three seasons at Nebraska after transferring from Texas Tech.
Minden's Addison Woodward-NBC Nebraska Five Star Performer
- Minden Sprinter Addison Woodward is one of the state's fastest runners and is NBC Nebraska's Five Star Performer.
Nebraska improves to 28-11 with an 8-6 win over the Omaha Mavericks..
More Top Sports Headlines