Bladen Unveils New Veterans Memorial Park
Designed to commemorate military veterans, the children of Glenn and Elaine Vance unveiled a new park in their parents' memory Sunday afternoon.
NBC News: World News Headlines
Top Sports Headlines
Wayman James Of Nebraska Danger Player of Year Candidate
- Nebraska Danger running back Wayman James has been the "Go To" guy for the team especially in recent games. Wayman rushed for 111 yards and 5 touchdowns in the Danger 67-57 win over the Colorado Ice Saturday night at the Heartland Events Center. The win gives the Danger a 9-2 record and 2 game lead in the IFL Intense Conference with 3 regular season games to go.
On the season, Wayman has rushed for 646 yards and scored 17 touchdowns. He and quarterback Jameel Sewell have made a great combination through 11 contests
Jameel, IFL Offensive Player of the Year two seasons ago is without his leading receiver Kayne Farquerson dismissed from the team two games ago, but James has stepped up nicely. The Danger now have a short week before their rematch with the ice in Loveland Friday night at 8:30 CST. We'll see if Wayman James, t he former TCU Horned Frog running back can have another difference making game/
Danger Hold Off Ice In Grand Island
- Trailing 26-16, it was no problem for the Nebraska Danger to come from behind once again Saturday night at the Heartland Events Center.
With Wayman James leading the way with five touchdowns, the Danger defeated the Colorado Ice 67-57 to improve to 9-2 on the season. The Danger have already clinched a playoff spot and will be in action in the first round at least after the June 12 season finale.
The Danger will travel to Colorado for a rematch with the Ice Friday night May 29 on a short week.The game was a score-fest which is usually true in this league but a strong second half surge was enough for the win as the Ice drop to 3-8 on the season.
State Track and Field Championships: Day 1
- Omaha's Burke stadium serves as an end goal for every track and field team across the state. Day one of the state tournament is now in the books, and some central Nebraska athletes are already walking away with a gold medal.
Nebraska Loses to MSU, Eliminated from Big Ten Tournament
- Minneapolis – The No. 8 seed Nebraska baseball team (34-23) had a 7-3 lead heading into the bottom of the eighth inning on Thursday afternoon at Target Field, but the No. 5 seed Michigan State Spartans (34-22) exploded for six runs in the frame on its way to a 9-7 victory that eliminated the Huskers from the Big Ten Tournament.
Kearney High Looks for 4th Straight State Title
- With 16 state championships in 21 years, it's safe to say the Kearney Bearcat track and field team knows what it takes to be successful on the big stage. Friday, KHS will begin an attempt to make it four straight seasons ending at the top of Class A.
More Top Sports Headlines