Special Report: Breaking the Language Barrier
- The state of Nebraska's hispanic population is exploding, with experts predicting the number of latinos to more than triple by the year 2050. But in parts of Nebraska, floods of immigrants are already reshaping the culture. And if the population is growing even more, what does that mean for school systems who are also dealing with a surge of students crossing the United States-Mexico border?
Earthquake's Shock Felt in Nebraska
- Thousands are dead after the worst earthquake the country has seen in 80 years, now Nepalese students in Nebraska are coming together after tragedy strikes home.
Big Issues Loom for Nebraska Lawmakers As Session Nears End
- With a little more than a month left in the session, Nebraska lawmakers still to have to take final action on some of the year's largest and most contentious issues.
UNL Student Accused Of Stealing From Fraternity
- A University of Nebraska-Lincoln student is accused of stealing from his fraternity.
Nebraska Events to Mark Migratory Bird Month
Posted: 8:59 AM
- Officials are planning several May events to mark Nebraska International Migratory Bird Month.
NBC News: World News Headlines
Top Sports Headlines
Tri-City Storm set for Game 2 vs. Sioux Falls
- Playoff hockey will continue in Kearney several days late, but will continue nonetheless.
The Tri-City Storm will welcome in the Sioux Falls Stampede Wednesday night at the Viaero Events Center for a 7:05 face off. The game was to be played Saturday night but a drill into the ice damaged a pipe carrying water and it leaked all over the ice. Hockey could not be played and the game had to be postponed.
Tri-City leads the best of five series 1 game to none. The remainder of the series will not change. Game 3 is in Sioux Falls Friday, as will be game 4 if necessary. A fifth and deciding game would be back at the Viaero Events Center Tuesday May 5th.
In the USHL East Finals, the Dubuque Fighting Saints and Muskegon Lumberjacks are all tied at 1 victory apiece. Game 3 is Friday in Muskegon. The winners meet for the USHL Clark Cup Championship.
Tri-City Storm Game Rescheduled After Maintenance Issue
Updated: 4:49 AM
- The Tri-City Storm announced Sunday Game 2 of the USHL West Playoffs will be played on Wednesday.
Tri City Storm Game Postponed at Viaero Events Center
- The Tri-City Storm and Sioux Falls Stampede were ready to face off for their game 2 of the USHL Western Conference championship series. The game never happened. A drill to put in the net hit a pipe and burst it. Water was all over and the ice was ruined. Sioux Falls was sent home to return sometime in the next few days for game 2.
Tri-City Storm Game Postponed Due to Water Main Break
- Game 2 of the USHL West Playoffs between the Tri-City Storm and the Sioux Falls Stampede was postponed Saturday night.
Tri-City Storm takes USHL West Opener, Nebraska Danger win
- The Tri-City Storm got its best of five USHL Western Conference playoff series off on the right foot with a 4-2 win over the Sioux Falls Stampede at the Viaero Events Center. Chase Berger scored two goals for the Storm. The same two teams meet Saturday night at 7:05 in game two at the Viaero Events Center in Kearney.
In the USHL East Finals, the Muskegon Lumberjacks took a 1-0 lead over the Dubuque Fighting Saints with a 4-2 victory.
In football, the Nebraska Danger moved its record to 7-1 with a 74-66 win over the Bemiji Axmen. The Danger lead the IFL Intense Conference by two games over the Tri-Cities Fever coming into action Friday.
The Danger raced out to a 24-0 lead and were never challanged.
At Fonner Park, Saturday will mark the 26th anniversary of the track's signature race, the Gus Fonner Bosselman Stakes.
More Top Sports Headlines