Updated: 5:24 AM
- Paxton Fire Chief Kyle Gartrell says the fire started from a dry lightning strike hitting in Arthur County South of Highway 92 on Bucktail Road. The fire then spread into the Sandhills from high winds - spanning three Western Nebraska Counties.
- The Nebraska baseball team won a game Saturday sure to impress the NCAA selection committee. The Huskers defeated the Texas Longhorns 1-0 in 15 innings on an Austin Darby single scoring Tanner Lubach.
- A victory by the Nebraska Danger made Friday night a great one for the franchise as the Danger is now 4-0 on the season. Nebraska baseball defeated Texas 3-1 at Haymarket Park and the Tri-City Storm fell out of 1st place with a 4-3 loss to the Fargo Force.
- With six games left in the regular season, the Tri-City Storm have already solidified their spot in the playoffs. But with a re-match against the Fargo Force this weekend, the Storm aren't letting up.
- Randy Gregory is easily one of the top defensive prospects in this year’s draft class. Gregory, a standout defensive end from Nebraska, views himself so highly as a prospect that he believes he’s worthy of the No. 1 overall pick in the draft.