Skyview Learning Academy Exercises Hands-on Experience
Updated: 4:48 AM
- It's not every day a helicopter lands at a school, but for students at Skyview Elementary Academy it's just another day of hands-on learning. The Nebraska State Patrol flew its helicopter to the school west of Douglas to teach kids safe driving tips and give them a peek inside the aircraft.
Maxwell Man Arrested, Charged with First Degree Murder
- A Maxwell man has been arrested and charged with first degree murder. Authorities say the man is accused after the death of his wife, Heidi Craig, in April.
BBB Warns of IRS and Medicare Phone Scams
- The Better Business Bureau is warning consumers to be on the alert for phone scams involving con artists pretending to be Internal Revenue Service (IRS) agents who try to gain access to your personal information.
NE Fire Fighters Museum to Unveil Sculpture Honoring First Responders
Updated: 4:50 AM
- The sculpture, “R. HERO,” will honor firefighters, police officers, men and women in the military and first responders and will serve as a reminder of the sacrifices that these heroic individuals have made.
Kearney Parks and Rec. Restocks Lake at Yanney Park
Updated: 4:54 AM
- The Kearney Park and Recreation Department announced Wednesday
that the lake at Yanney Park received 1,020 pounds of Donaldson
Strain Rainbow Trout at about an average size of 4 pounds each.
NBC News: World News Headlines
Top Sports Headlines
Tim & Ed Hit the Road - Fullerton
- NBC Nebraska's Tim Jones and Ed Littler decided to get out and about and visit towns in the viewing area for their new segment: Tim & Ed Hit the Road.
Hastings College Picked 7th in Pre-Season Polls
- The Hastings Broncos were picked to finish 7th in the GPAC according to this weeks coaches poll. If there is one thing we know, it's that pre-season rankings don't carry much weight on the hardwood. It does, however, mean that basketball season is right around the corner.
FINAL: Nebraska 38 vs. Northwestern 17
- Ameer Abdullah had four 1-yard touchdown runs and quarterback Tommy Armstrong Jr. scored on a 16-yard reception, leading No. 19 Nebraska to a 38-17 victory at Northwestern on Saturday night.
NU Baseball Releases 2015 Schedule
- Coming off a 41-win season and a trip to the NCAA Tournament, Head Coach Darin Erstad will continue to challenge the Nebraska baseball team in 2015 as it works to reach its ultimate goal of playing in Omaha at the College World Series.
Huskers Prep For Michigan State
- Nebraska quarterback Tommy Armstrong struggled last year against the Michigan State Spartans. It was in this game the Huskers turned the ball over 5 times to none for Michigan State.
More Top Sports Headlines