HASTINGS, Neb. -- Keeping a New Year's resolution to keep in shape may need a little outside help at times. Erika Knott, Wellness Director for the Hastings YMCA, says they have programs to assist people looking for group activities.
Knott joined the NBC Nebraska Today program with information on the following programs:
Small Group Personal Training – 12 week program meets with trainer twice/week
· Couch Potato Triathlon – 6 week fitness incentive to complete 2.4 miles of swimming, 112 miles of biking, and 26.2 miles of running/walking
· Body Pump Launch 100 – 1/14/17 9am or 10:30am Body Pump is a whole body workout using light to moderate weights with lots of repetition.
· Youth Equipment Orientation – For youth ages 11-13 wanting to use the exercise and weight equipment
· Beginner Group Exercise Classes –
· Fit Beginnings M-W 7:00-7:30pm
· Fit Beginnings W-F 9:30-10:00am
· Cycling 101 Thur 5:45pm
Information can be obtained at the Hastings YMCA on these programs.
Knott also has tips on ways to stay fit while at home or work. Easy "desk exercises" such as leg lifts, arm circles and wall sitting can work key muscle groups, while not interfering with your day.